Before installing PDP, you need to check that your web hosting provider fulfills the necessary conditions and that you yourself possess the required skills (don't panic! it isn't complicated). Neither of the two should be a problem, but it is wise to verify first.
- PDP can use same database with live store(Magento, Woocommerce, Opencart ..etc), so you can use the same database access information.
- You can install on separate database by creating new database, PDP will not create database name, database username and password during installation.
- Import the sample data(includes sample products, 15k cliparts and other information to get started, find sample SQL file in module zip package).
- Create new database before installation or install into same database with current store if you have integrated with Magento, Woocommerce or other PHP Ecommerce. It will create new database table without effect to your live store.
- You can check the database connection before process install on step 4.
- Empty old PDP database if you want to run re-install to clear entered data.
You can setup difference options for each product type. For example if business card will required "Fill background color" and "show grid", but t-shirt will not need, so just create separate designer options set for each product type, name it and use it when setup product.
What is plugin/option?
Available plugins for Options Set
Enable Add Text
Enable Add Image
Enable Product details
Fill Background Color
Share Customized Design
Get Images from Social networks.
Get photo from URL
Enable Shopping Cart
Lock in Place
Remove Photo Color
Fit Width/Height Photo
Create New Options Set
1. From System > Manage Options Set > + New Option Set
2. From Product page > Manage Options Set > Add New Option Set